Los Angeles is a vast, beautiful and famous city in the United States. It is the second most populous city in the United States. There are well developed industries in Los Angeles, including aerospace, automotive, chemical, food processing, printing, etc. Also, a special place in Los Angeles is occupied by the IT sphere. Today we are going to talk about the specifics of the IT segment here in the city and how to open a business in this area in general. Find out more information at la-future.com.
Los Angeles is not Silicon Valley
Los Angeles is the second largest city in the country, with a population of about 16 million. This city has a large number of successful companies and business people. We have good universities, such as Caltech, UCLA, and USC, which train excellent specialists. However, you have to understand that Los Angeles is not Silicon Valley. Recall that Silicon Valley, also erroneously called ‘Silicone Valley’, is located in the state of California. Silicon Valley is known throughout the world for its significant density of high-tech companies. Clearly, Los Angeles can’t compete with such a big IT giant, but we still have a perfect city for setting up IT companies and they have every chance to succeed.
Market peculiarities or what you need to know to create an IT company in the city
Experts reiterate that there is no need to compare Los Angeles with Silicon Valley because we are unlikely to reach this level. However, it is necessary to develop in the field of IT because that is the future. If you want to set up a company, you have to consider the following nuances:
- Financing. Investors in our city are pragmatic and look for companies that have an early monetization strategy.
- Recruiting. There are not a thousand Google-level engineers in Los Angeles, but you can build a good team of managers, programmers, executives, and developers in our city. We also have a hard time scaling to a gigantic size and competing with Silicon Valley accordingly.
- The amount of time you will spend commuting. Los Angeles is a big city and we wrote about that above. Obviously, in all big cities, there is one big problem, the time you will spend to get to your place of work. It can be threatening for some professionals. But working in IT has the advantage that you can work remotely. Although sometimes you still have to come to the office.
- Best Content. Los Angeles is known for its popular neighborhood, which lies northeast of downtown, that is Hollywood. Hollywood is known all over the world because of the large number of movie studios located here. That is why it is best to create business content in Los Angeles. Our city has no competitors in this field.
- Popularity in IT. The number of IT companies in Los Angeles is growing every year. They create a good product and bring their owners an income. That is why it is worth trying and developing information technology in Los Angeles.
Los Angeles is not just the sea, sun, beach and Hollywood. We have a beautiful, big, thriving city. Moreover, it’s an opportunity city that loves movement, development, initiatives, creative ideas and risk-taking people. Information technology is widely used all over the world and there are a lot of successful giant companies in the United States. Just look at Silicon Valley with its developments, talented employees and funding. However, in addition to the Valley, IT is also successfully developing in other cities. Programmers in Los Angeles are showing that information technology is a success in this big city as well.
We hope our material was informative for you and that you drew the appropriate conclusions. And what successful IT companies do you know in Los Angeles? We are waiting for your comments on social networks.